Senior Security Analyst (Security Operation Centre) Posting Date : 26 Nov 2020 | Close Date :24 Feb 2021
Client Background: Digital Technical
Industry: IT Technical
Location: KL (Sunway Velocity)
Position Title: Senior Security Analyst - Security Operation Center (SOC)
- Escalate critical incidents to CSIRT team, for further analysis & investigations, and demonstrate excellent collaboration skills for timely resolution to minimize impact to customers.
- Provide detailed remediation recommendation to customers for the incidents within agreed SLAs, and if required assist them during remediation implementation.
- Proactively work with customer to build threat detection use cases, minimize incident noise, develop correlation logic and enable junior regional analysts to focus on critical incidents.
- Review 3rd party threat intel feeds and integrate them into MSS platforms.
- Prepare SOC monthly reports, which includes customization based on business requirements and present them to customers during monthly meetings, highlighting risks and mitigation plans.
- Lead new customer deployments by working closely with customer, regional onsite teams and relevant stakeholders during build phase, and take end-end responsibility for smooth go-live.
- Identify gaps in existing SOC process and work with team members or other departments to create, modify standard operating procedures, to automate any mundane daily operational activities, ensuring Ops are run efficiently.
- Enable regional security analysts to deliver seamless L1 support locally by developing SOC playbooks, relevant and sufficient Knowledge base.
- If required assist sales team to help pitch MSS offerings, drive proof-of-concepts and demo MSS services at technology events, to show value of the service offerings to prospect customers.
- Lead and manage junior analysts in handling incidents, day-day operations, SLA requirements, and customer requests.
- Ability to standby or work in 24x7 shift to handle security incidents and provide level two (L2) support during analysis & investigations to identify the root cause.